The Goal of the Academy is the Advancement of the Medical Specialty of Psychiatry
- Providing scientific material useful in the clinical practice of psychiatry through the annual meeting and publications.
- Assisting the practice of psychiatry now and in the future through liaisons among the members, other professional organizations and informational systems.
- Strengthening the image of psychiatry as a medical specialty that is guided by scientific principles and collaboration with other medical disciplines.
- Collecting and organizing the data available from clinical practice for publication and distribution.
- Collaborating with other professional organizations to promote cooperation and understanding of our common interests.
- Encouraging the participation of psychiatrists in training and early career psychiatrists in our academy.
- Providing forums for interaction and discussion between the members and other interested parties to facilitate an unbiased exchange of information and opinion.
- Focusing on the traditions of our academy in understanding the classification and diagnosis of psychiatric disorders, their influence on the person as a whole and the outcomes achieved by clinical intervention.